Monday, June 1, 2015

Colorful confetti



Hello everyone!

It's been a while but I was unable to post for a little bit. I received yesterday a jar of pretty things from bornprettystore.com . I don't really know what they are but I will call them confetti cause thats what they remind me of.



It's a fairly new product that you can find >>here<< for $3.61 right now for the small jar. They have 2 jar sizes, the bigger one contains 10g of product which is a lot, because even the small one that I have is full to the top.

I attached a macro photo of the product from the jar to see how pretty they are!



The little sheets I think they're made out of plastic and they're tiny around 1mm each. They're not glitter, but they're shiny. They're thin so they don't give much of a 3D effect and they're super easy to set in regular top coat or cure in UV top coat.

For this design I used regular top coat to set them. I coated my nails with 2 thin layers of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in color "Black Heart".


I applied a thin layer of top coat and using a small sized dotting tool I placed each confetti at the base of the nail in a triangle shape. I used random colors and sealed with 1 layer of top coat.

On the accent nail I set them in a heart shape using random colors and in the middle I have 1 rhinestone from the previously reviewed mix of rhinestones that you can find >here<

After the polish completely dried, I applied one thin coat of matte oil only over the black polish. Since the black I used was so shiny it was taking the effect from the pretty confetti so I had to make it matte to put the accent on them. I used the Super matte surface oil from BPS which is one of my favorite matte top coats and you can find it >here<


I absolutely love the way this nail art came out. It was overall easy to do, even with my non dominant hand, but the placing of the confetti takes a little bit.

I hope you like it. If you want to get any of the products mentioned above you can use the code below for a 10% discount and free shipping.




No comments:

Post a Comment