Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Born pretty store review + my new year's eve mani




Hello everyone. First of all, thank you for being around this year, for all the views and appreciation I got from you. 2013 was my first year in the nail art world, I barely started this in march as a complete noob and I came so far already. Also thank you www.bornprettystore.com for all the support. Without it I couldn't have come so far.

It's my birthday in 4 days so I take this manicure as a a self glitzy birthday present as well as a stylish way to start 2014 tomorrow.

Here's the product I used to create this manicure. http://www.bornprettystore.com/5pcs-colorful-water-drop-cabochon-oval-precious-stone-nail-sticker-p-5601.html


I used nr3, the yellow oval ones. They come in packs of 5. After I got to use them for this design here's a list of pros and cons for them:

Pros
  • 7 styles and colors to use from
  • affordable, right now they're 99 cents
  • they imitate a semi precious stone perfectly
  • the flatback has perfect adherence to the surface of the nail, even over shinny polish
  • topcoat is just fine to stick it on, i didn't have to use any glue for it
  • each cabochon is slightly different in tone and details
  • you can do a LOT of things with these. You can use your imagination and turn them into jewels like I prefered to do for this design
Cons:
  • there's a little transparency to them and they will show a little from base color under them. That's the reason why my stones appear darker , because the color under them is black.
  • if you put topcoat over them they might become unusable, as they are not made out of metal or, of course, real stone. If you try a design like mine, go around it with topcoat to seal the beads and rhinestones.

Here's the polish and material list and links for everything used for this design:

For a 10% discount on your purchase you can use my code DNLW10 or the official code GPL91.

This design is also my entry for the born pretty store new year contest. If there's a voting phase I will let you know. Thank you for all the support.


Subscribe to my Youtube: youtube.com/deenailsx
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/DeeNails
Become a fan on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DeeNailsX
Follow my Tumblr http://deenails.tumblr.com/




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and glamorous style and I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. multumesc <3 ma bucur ca-ti place. ai un blog superb btw

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't think it's appropriate to leave messages on others people blogs with your codes and discounts and advetsising, especially when they are parteners with the same companies. future comments like this will be removed. please learn how to promote them on your own blogs. good day

      Delete