Saturday, January 18, 2014

Beginner nail art with heart pattern (no stamping)






Hello ladies!

Today I'll be showing you a design perfect for valentine's day, very easy to do, beginner level.

The look on the accent nail was achieved using an embossed metal decoration with crystals, from www.bornprettystore.com.

Here's the link  http://www.bornprettystore.com/2pcs-luxury-style-nail-crystal-embossed-metal-nail-decorations-p-10749.html

You can use code DNLW10 for a 10% site wide discount and free shipping on qualified countries.

The cristals come in sets of 2, this particular design being either silver or gold, depending what you like. I have both colors and both look amazing. They are about 1cm wide and 1.5 cm long, so can cover shorter nails completely in lenght.

The crystals on them shine extremely pretty. This design has hearts on it, the reason why I chose it to be on my accent nails for this design.


Here's the polishes and materials used today:


  • Confetti - Pink paradise
  • WNW megalast- Hit the pavement
  • Spoiled by wnw- I have no reception
  • WNW megalast- Whipped topping
  • NYC- Big apple red creme
  • Small plastic brush
  • Metal decoration
  • Topcoat

Tips:
  • follow a pattern when painting on the nail without crowding the hearts
  • if you have long nails for example, paint 3 hearts down and then 1 in between, like i do in the video
  • wait till they dry completely when applying top coat or else they will smudge
  • the metal decoration can be set in a layer of wet topcoat because it wont fall
  • dont press to hard on it or you'll make the polish under it curl and look bad
  • don't put topcoat over the metal decoration
  • this design looks best with a high shine topcoat

Subscribe to my Youtube: youtube.com/deenailsx
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/DeeNails
Become a fan on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DeeNailsX
Follow my Tumblr http://deenails.tumblr.com/


Disclaimer: The metal decorations were won in a giveaway. Everything else was bought with my own money.

Do not reblog my photos or claim my designs in any way. If you remake my designs and post them online give credit to Diana Livesay.

No comments:

Post a Comment