Sunday, January 3, 2016

Start of the year manicure




Hello everyone and Happy 2016!

As a first post of this year I thought I'd share my nails I wore on new years eve and on my birthday 3 days later. I love love loveeeeee how they came out. I wanted a lot of sparkle on my nails on new year and I think I managed to have them.

They were a little bit time consuming since I applied the glitter piece by piece and I'm a little of a newb at using tape.

The polishes I used are:

  • black polish from Sally Hansen Hard as Nails
  • Pure Ice- Beware
What I did was coat all my nails with a black polish and on 2 nails from each hand I applied 2 thin coats of solid silver glitter. 



I used the tape to cover half my nail and paint a coat of the same black polish.

The time consuming part was applying the glitter. I used a marbling tool from my dotting tool set and 1mm orange hexies that you can find >here< . Yes its a huge lot of 70+ glitters of different shapes and sizes but that was 3 years ago and didn't even make a dent.

Before applying the glitter I used a 4mm super shiny rhinestones in the center of my black and silver nails and applied the glitter around them and right on the center, one by one.

I used just top coat to set everything, and surprisingly nothing is out of place still.

I used a high shine top coat from Broadway Nails to seal the design.


It was so crazy looking at the end the pictures don't do justice. They are super sparkly perfect for any new year or birthday party.

I hope you like them and I'm looking forward to share more nails I do at home in 2016. Even though I'm going to be a mom in mid May so they might get a little more rare.

Also, Happy birthday to me :3






No comments:

Post a Comment