Saturday, November 7, 2015

BPS stamping polish review



Hello everyone!

I've been into testing all these new stamping polishes at bornprettystore.com and I fell in love with this baby blue color. I was like, since it's close to winter anyway, why not. It would be perfect for stamping snow flakes.

No , I didn't use it for snow flakes yet. I chose to do some sort of a more abstract design.

The polish I used you can find it >here< for $7.99 but if you hurry you can find the whole collection on discount for $3.99. There are a total of 19 colors available in this set. This polish might sound a little pricey for BPS, but it's 15 ml. For stamping polish, that goes a long way.


I used the stamping polish as base color for my nail art so I can observe the opacity difference between applying it as a normal polish and stamping. If you are familiar with different types of stamping polish, some come out a lot lighter than they look like in the bottle, and we all know that stamping polishes need to be opaque.

I divided my nails with tape and painted half of each nail with black polish from Sally Hansen. I stamped a pattern from plate BP-67 ($2.99).

The polish didn't come out a lot different than the one applied the classic way. There's hardly any transparency to it, however, I had trouble picking it up with 3 of my stampers. It worked the best with the good old XL squishy stamper.



There is one thing I didn't really like about it. It dries EXTREMELY fast. For newbies in stamping, this might be a problem. You literally have less than 5 seconds to stamp it on your nail after picking it.

Good thing about it, is that it doesn't smudge easy. I normally have trouble with smudging, but this one gave me no problems at all.

For my accent nails I used a random mix of embellishments I had laying around, just to have something sparkling on there.



Overall the polish is lovely. Works best with squishy type stampers and  is pretty opaque. If you have at least some experience, I recommend it, if not, try the small size BPS polishes that you can find >here< . They're not as opaque, but they have a slower drying time.

If you want any products mentioned, you can use the code below for a 10% discount on regular priced items and free shipping. Thank you for stopping by!




Disclaimer: Featured product was provided in exchange for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment