Tuesday, August 4, 2015

3 stampers comparison and review




Hello everyone.!

I recently purchased the lot of 3 different stampers from www.bornprettystore.com . They're older stampers they had by themselves on the site, but I found the 3 of them for $4.99 on discount. The price was crazy good for BPS so why not? I Only owned 1 stamper anyway. You can find the lot >here< for $8.64 on regular price. They have sales on everything constantly so keep an eye for up to 50% off or even more.

From that lot, I owned the XXL squishy stamper. I thought it was amazing until now. And here is why.

These are the stampers in the lot, each came with their corresponding scrapers. I don't use those I prefer an old debit card for scraping.

I used the exact same plate for all of them and all 3 stampers have been cleaned with acetone and lightly buffed before use. All polishes used are special stamping polishes.


I'll try to stay honest so I'll start with the one that dissapointed me and that happened to be the one I've been using  for over a year now. The big squishy stamper you can find it >here< by itself. It picks up pretty good patterns with not a lot of details I haven't really used my plates with details because it won't show up or it will lose before transfer.


With this stamper I used 2 polishes because I thought it might just be the shimmer in the polish first time, even though it's special stamping polish and worked fine before. The lace barely shows up. I think after it gets used more it picks up a little better because the old one I have does, but I'm very dissapointed in myself that I didn't buy more stampers to try out before deciding on one.




Pros: Very big area. The stamper is well suited for long or wide nails.

Cons: Not the best in picking up very detailed patterns. It deforms some designs while applying them on the nail because it's very soft.



The second stamper it's the green square one that you can find >here<
I like it overall, the stamper picks up pretty well. I have yet to figure the proper way to turn it when applying the design on the nail but I'll just have to play with it a little more. I've seen a lot of people using it and coming out with great looking nails.




It's big enough for medium nails. Even if the area is big in length it's pretty narrow.

Pros: Picks up the patterns and it holds it pretty nice looking during transfer.

Cons: A little difficult to work with for newbies.



The 3rd stamper that I got in the pack is the all well known pink stamper that I dare to call "traditional" that you can find >here<. It's made out of rubber and it's pretty small compared to the other ones. I was blown away how crisp the pattern came out. It picks up even the finest line of the lace design. I never thought I would like it so much. Because of this I used it for a design below. I wish they had a bigger one, I'll have to look for one, because this one is very small.



Pros: Picks up the pattern extremely well

Cons: Very small. Could not fully stamp my thumbs and I have small nails.

I purchased these for reversed stamping, because I've been obsessing with it for the past months. Having a collection of stampers is great for this purpose.


You'll have to try and see for yourself what you like and what works for you, but I hope this helped a little bit.

For the following design I used the small pink stamper and black BPS stamping polish . I polished 2 layers of white polish and used a sponge to make a very soft gradient with pastel pink, orange, yellow and blue. I stamped the chevorn pattern from plate QA91. I sealed with top coat and added some round gold studs that you can find >here<. A super easy 10 minutes manicure.



I hope you enjoyed this post and you found it useful. If you want any of the products presented above you can use the code below for a 10% discount and free shipping with no minimum order.






No comments:

Post a Comment