Saturday, January 23, 2016

Chevron tape roll review



Hello everyone!

Hope you guys are safe from the snow storms today. Since it snowed so much around here I went ahead and done my nails to suit the snowy nature around me. It's gorgeous, but damn cold.

Also, with my latest batch of nail art goodies I picked from www.bornprettystore.com I got this chevron tape roll that I was dying to try. I did something inspired by a winter sweater, with tons of glitter with a new polish I got my hands on at Walmart.


Now onto this cute sparkly roll of tape. It's pretty thick, there is a lot of tape in there. The tape itself it's layered in 3 slices set on sticker paper. What you see rolled there is actually sticker paper. You can peel individual slices of tape from it.

Since I needed 3 for each nail, I cut as much as I needed from the tape and used just like you'd use a sticker, using tweezers. The tape itself is pretty fragile , but had zero problems peeling it off my nails. It gives a lovely effect.



You can find it >here< for $2.99. Mine came in gold, but you can pick other glittery colors as well.

For my design I used a black base coat and 1 coat of a lovely polish named "RespeK" from Pure Ice. It's a dark purple with a lot of cold toned micro glitters, semi opaque.


I set on my chevron tape, like in the photo below, and using a sponge I dabbed silver glitter polish over the original colors. To get the best effect, peel the tape off right away before the polish dries. I used a sponge because that's how you get the maximum amount of saturation with glitter, even from a polish that is not very dense.


I used tiny 1.5mm rhinestones for my chevron nails and for the accent nails I used metal rings and 3mm rhinestones in the center, with some gold tear drop shaped rhinestones.

I sealed everything in high shine top coat from Broadway Nails.

I took the photos in the snow outside, I absolutely loved the effect of them. My fingers were a lil' swollen but it was well worth it!

I hope you like it and if you want to try out the tape you can use the code below for 10% discount and free shipping. Happy snow ball-ing!





No comments:

Post a Comment